Wednesday 28 November 2012

Premier Pro Editing Task

Today we started looking into how to physically make a title sequence. We were set the task of recreating a previous media groups title sequence - so we would have to piece together all the individual elements i.e. placing the original footage in the correct order and cutting them down to match the original. Placing the titles in the correct place and then applying the correct effects to them. Applying and cutting the music and sound effects to the sequence.
I myself, have used Adobe Premier Pro many times before, so I had an advanced understanding compared to some of the other people in the class. For the task, we were in pairs, and my partner had never used Premier before, which meant that I offloaded the bulk of the work to her, ensuring that she gained a solid understanding of Premier and the tools inside it.
I started by showing my partner how to drag and drop the clips onto the timeline and then cut them down once we had decided on whether or not it matched the original. The next step, which was not shown in the demonstration, was how to unlink the audio from a clip. The reason I showed my partner this was because in the original sequence, there was no diegetic sound in the clips - just the soundtrack.
Next, we added the titles over the top of the footage. This was relatively easy, until it came to finding the same effects that they used. They had applied some sort of blur and wipe to the text. Whether or not I am being stupid and don't know the name of the effect, or they had applied two different effects. In our piece we used a simple gaussian blur and set the blur to 100% then set a keyframe a few seconds after and placed the blur to 0% which gave it that fast out and in focus effect.
Lastly we added the music and sound effects which was all about timing which we applied with no major problems.

From this task, I have familiarised myself with Premier and the basics and worked in more detail on precision editing. I feel as though I have helped my partner as well with her understanding of Premier - which is an extra bonus as she is in my coursework group, and we all need to partake in the editing process of our final sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment